This lovely house in typical Provence style for 6 to 8 people, is located in a property of 4100 m2, which also contains a luxury self-contained studio (‘maison d’amis’), catering for 2 to 3 persons. A swimming pool and a landscaped flower garden with old oak trees, conifers and an olive grove contribute to the feeling of absolute well-being. The estate is located in a calm and quiet natural reserve, but conveniently close to the centre of Varages.
Garden lovers and those in love with the Provence will be delighted by this little paradise, a “green oasis” under the sun and the blue sky of the Provence.
The main house measures 155m2 and has three bedrooms, a large living room, a fully equipped modern kitchen, a spacious pantry and utility room, a bathroom, a second separate toilet, a large porch and a garage (pictures).
- All rooms have electrical heaters with individual room thermostats
- In the living room: fireplace with wood-burning insert
- Fully equipped, spacious and modern L-shaped kitchen with a double sink, a big worktop and wall closets
- oven and microwave combination with hot air, intensive mode and grill
- vitreous ceramic hob with 4 cooking zones, extractor fan
- large built-in fridge with freezing compartment
- built-in dishwasher
- A very spacious pantry and utility room with
- an extra kitchen worktop with double sink
- a second large double fridge-freezer and cooler closet
- a washing machine
A very large terrace with a wrought-iron pergola runs across the entire length of the house, covered with wisteria, Virginia creepers and roses. In addition, there are several terraces, others around the pool – with a view over the surrounding hills, next to the fountain, and shadowy or sunny seating areas in the garden and among the olive trees.
With a suface of 45 m2 the studio (‘maison d’amis’) consists of a bedroom with a large double bed, a living room with a kitchen in Provence style, and a modern bathroom with shower. The ‘maison d’amis’ has a private shaded terrace (pictures).
- electrical heating with thermostat
- ceramic hob with 4 cooking zones, extractor fan
- porcelain sink (double)
- large teakwood worktop
- metal dining table with glass top
- built-in fridge with freezing compartment
- magnetron oven
- in the bathroom:
- large Italian walk-in shower with rain shower
- modern free standing wash-basin
- electrical heater/towel warmer
- toilet with self-closing lid
The studio is located at a comfortable distance from the main house, hidden amongst the greenery between old oak trees, pines and conifers. The property is sufficiently remoted from the main house. Here also a spacious terrace outside the living room’s sliding doors and a garden with oleanders, lilacs and roses, Provence herbs, rosemary, lavender, etc.
The 10 x 4.5 meter swimming pool is in front of the main house; it is tiled with blue mosaic tiles, and is entirely surrounded by a terrace bordered with lavender and oleander. The semi-automatic maintenance uses an electrolysis system with salt, without chlorine, making the water very soft (pictures).
Together, the terrain and the garden measure close to half a hectare, covered with old oak trees, pine trees, mature conifers and 40 olive trees. The lovely landscaped flowery garden with heady scents and colours, palm trees and shrubs with different foliages, flowers between February/March and October, first in a bright spring yellow from gorse and coronilla, followed by ceanothus, wisteria and then lilac, buddleia, roses, oleander, lavender, rosemary, etc … The garden has a semi-automatic watering system.
The owners speak English, Dutch, French, Portuguese and Spanish.